There are a number of different ways to make a claim for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction; you can use our claim form to apply for both. You can make a claim:
- by completing our online benefits claim form
- through our telephone call-back service - ring us on 01423 500600 and we will arrange to call you back at a convenient time to complete a form with you
- by visiting us at Crescent Gardens - we will complete a form with you when you visit us
- by asking us to send you a claim form in the post - Tel 01423 500600 or email us at email@example.com
If you require extra support to make a claim, our Welfare Officer may be able to visit you at home to help you with this. Please contact us for further information.
You can also claim Housing Benefit only in the following two ways:
- through Jobcentre Plus when you claim Income Support, Jobseekers Allowance or Employment Support Allowance
- through the Pension Service when you claim Pension Credit
Please note that under new rules from 1 April 2013 claims submitted via Jobcentre Plus or the Pension Service cannot be accepted as a claim for Council Tax Reduction. To claim Council Tax Reduction you will be required to complete an additional form from the council. This is due to a change in government legislation as a result of the localisation of Council Tax support.
You will need to send us evidence to support your claim. We can only accept original documents, not photocopies. Details of the type of evidence we require, can be found at evidence requirements.
For further information please refer to our "how to claim" leaflet.