The Harrogate District Public Services Leadership Board (PSLB) is the overarching partnership responsible for neighbourhood management within the Harrogate District. The Partnership recognises and identifies opportunities for joined up working, enabling collective responsibility, reducing duplication and learning how to problem solve together at a district, county and regional level. The ‘My Neighbourhood’ projects within the Harrogate District build upon this premise.
The overall aim of neighbourhood management and the ‘My Neighbourhood’ projects is to improve economic, social and environmental wellbeing within the Harrogate District and ensure delivery through a partnership approach.
The objectives of neighbourhood management are to:
- Deliver and contribute towards the Harrogate District Public Services Leadership Board priorities.
- Strengthen partnership working between the various public, private and voluntary and community sector service providers.
- Co-ordinate activities within the chosen priority area(s), to reduce duplication, identify efficiencies and provide a more joined up approach to local services.
- Support local people to decide what they want for their area and influence service delivery that is tailored to local needs.
- Improve the quality of life within the priority area(s) and empower local people to get involved in shaping how their neighbourhood should look.
- Address together as a partnership short, medium and long term issues that impact on the area worked within.
- Share information, data and intelligence.
‘My Neighbourhood’ projects are currently under way in four areas across the district:
- Pateley Bridge
- Ripon Minster
For more information regarding the My Neighbourhood projects please see below: