Untaxed vehicles abandoned on the public highway should be reported to the council.
How do I report an abandoned/dumped vehicle?
- complete the online reporting form at FixMyStreet
- telephone 01423 500 600 or
- see the Directgov website for information regarding untaxed vehicles
What information do I need to give?
We need as much information about the vehicle as possible:
- a detailed location of the vehicle - this can sometimes be difficult especially if the vehicle has been left on the side of a road or on a grass verge of a long or major road
- please provide as much information as possible using landmarks and road numbers
- vehicle type
- vehicle colour.
- vehicle registration number
- expiry date on the tax disc
- whether the vehicle is burnt out or not