A to Z of Services A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Abandoned Vehicles - Reporting and Procedures

Untaxed vehicles abandoned on the public highway should be reported to the council.

How do I report an abandoned/dumped vehicle?

  • complete the online reporting form at FixMyStreet
  • telephone 01423 500 600 or
  • see the Directgov website for information regarding untaxed vehicles

What information do I need to give?

We need as much information about the vehicle as possible:

  • a detailed location of the vehicle - this can sometimes be difficult especially if the vehicle has been left on the side of a road or on a grass verge of a long or major road
  • please provide as much information as possible using landmarks and road numbers
  • vehicle type
  • vehicle colour.
  • vehicle registration number
  • expiry date on the tax disc
  • whether the vehicle is burnt out or not

Contact Us:

Customer Services

Tel: 01423 500 600
Contact Us
Please be aware, incoming and outgoing calls may be recorded for quality, accuracy and training purposes.

Related Information:

Let us know if you have a: