Untaxed vehicles abandoned on the public highway should be reported to the Council.
How do I report an abandoned/dumped vehicle?
- Either telephone 0845 300 6091 or
- Complete the online reporting form below
- Please also see the Directgov website for information regarding untaxed vehicles.
What information do I need to give?
We need as much information about the vehicle as possible:
- A detailed location of the vehicle - this can sometimes be difficult especially if the vehicle has been left on the side of a road or on a grass verge of a long or major road.
- Please provide as much information as possible using landmarks and road numbers.
- The vehicle type.
- The vehicle colour.
- The vehicle registration number.
- The expiry date on the tax disc.
- Whether the vehicle is burnt out or not.