Untaxed vehicles abandoned on the public highway should be reported to the Council.
Don't dump your car - Give a Car
If you have an old car that you no longer require, you could consider donating it to giveacar. A donation, equivalent to the scrap value of the car, is made to a charity of your choice. For further information see the www.giveacar.co.uk
How do I report an abandoned/dumped vehicle?
- Either telephone 0845 300 6091 or
- Complete the online reporting form below
- Please also see the Directgov website for information regarding untaxed vehicles.
What information do I need to give?
We need as much information about the vehicle as possible:
- A detailed location of the vehicle - this can sometimes be difficult especially if the vehicle has been left on the side of a road or on a grass verge of a long or major road.
- Please provide as much information as possible using landmarks and road numbers.
- The vehicle type.
- The vehicle colour.
- The vehicle registration number.
- The expiry date on the tax disc.
- Whether the vehicle is burnt out or not.