Home Apply For It Find It Pay For It Report It

Children and young people - registration of responsibilities

Registration of parental responsibility for a child other than when a birth is first registered. Parental responsibility gives the parent legal rights in respect of the child. Parental responsibility other than at birth is most commonly acquired by the partner of an unmarried mother or of a currently responsible parent.

Please note that this service is not provided by Harrogate Borough Council. Information on this service is provided by North Yorkshire County Council. Please select the link below for further information on their website.

Children and young people - registration of responsibilities

Contact Us:

General Enquiries

Tel: 01423 500 600

Customer Services

Tel: 0845 300 6091
Email Customer Services
Please be aware, incoming and outgoing calls may be recorded for quality, accuracy and training purposes.

Let us know if you have a: