Saturday 10 June - Harrogate Swimming Club Gala
All pools will be closed for public swimming from 11am onwards. All swimming lessons will run as normal except the junior masters that will run an hour earlier at 11am until 12pm.
Sunday 11 June, Harrogate District Swimming Club Gala
All pools will be closed all day for public swimming sessions. Morning swimming lessons will be running as normal. Diving lessons, rookie lifeguard and star scheme lessons are all cancelled.
Facilities at The Hydro, Harrogate, include:
- three pools: an eight-lane 25m short-course competition standard swimming pool; multi-purpose activity pool with moving floor, high board and spring board diving; a training pool for our learners
- gym: a 36-station, state-of-the-art gym offering the latest fitness equipment and classes, Kinesis studio, and dance studio offering a range of workout classes
- children's parties
- changing rooms: with level access, dedicated baby-changing facilities, large family cubicles, accessible changing rooms for those with limited mobility, single-sex changing rooms with showers, and lockers
- facilities for those with disabilities: these include an induction loop, pool hoists, reserved parking, and lift
- cafe and vending machines
- free wi-fi
- large free car park
- spectator gallery and poolside viewing
Adult swim £4.60
Child swim (3 years-plus) £2.30
Family ticket (two adults, two children) £12.30
Adult concession £3.30
Child concession £1.80
Toddler (2 to 3 years) £1.05
Under 2 years Free
Fun session adult £4.70
Fun session child £3.80
Fun session toddler £1.00
Fun session under 2 Free
Other Hydro information
Children's admission policy
One responsible adult aged over 16 can supervise two children under eight.
Wet suit policy
Wet suits aren't allowed. We don't know where the wet suit has been worn before. If it's been worn in an outdoor pool or lake, for example, there's a risk of cross-contamination from water-borne bacteria, and that's too great a risk for us to take.
We sell a range of armbands but also keep some at the poolside for you to use.
We aim to keep our pools at the following temperatures:
- main pool and activity pool 29 degrees centigrade
- teaching pool 31 degrees centigrade
Main pool temperatures may be lower then normal before and after competition swimming.
Page last updated 23/05/2017