We offer a collection service for bulky items of furniture, such as beds, three-piece suites or cookers from domestic homes.
The cost is £46.75 per two items, which falls to £25.60 if you receive certain benefits (we may undertake a check to confirm that you are in receipt of these qualifying benefits). If you require a collection of more than two items you will need to book and pay for a second collection.
The collection will be scheduled based on your address and is from the vicinity of the front boundary of your boundary. Our contractors will not collect from inside properties.
We can collect:
- bathroom suite, bath, sink, toilet
- beds, base, mattress and headboards
- carpet/underlay (should be rolled)
- doors (internal)
- dressing table, wardrobe
- fence panels, wood
- sofa, settee, three-piece suite, armchair
- table and chairs
- other bulky items (may include smaller items of waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) for example, vacuum cleaner, lawn mower (not petrol))
- garden furniture
- freezer, fridge, fridge freezer
- other bulky refrigeration items
- computer, monitors
- television, other TV
- iron bath (depending on weight)
- radiators (electric only)
- washing machine, tumble dryer
- other bulky white goods
We cannot collect:
- car parts (including tyres)
- window units
- garage or patio doors
- hazardous waste as defined in the Hazardous Waste (England and Wales) Regulations 2005 as amended from time to time, for example, asbestos or chemicals
- builders rubble, soil
- lengths of metal or wood (over two metres)
- any item that cannot be safely carried by two operatives
- commercial waste
- industrial waste
- garden waste
You can call 01423 500600 to arrange a collection. You may pay using a credit or debit card when you telephone.
If the items are in reasonable condition, you could consider donating them to Essential Needs a small local charity that runs a reuse scheme for people on low incomes or income-based benefits. They can take furniture and white goods, as well as small household items such as bedding, curtains and electrical items.
If you are looking to dispose of other non-bulky items further information on the household waste and recycling centres in North Yorkshire is available, please see North Yorkshire County Council's website.