We carry out more than 4,000,000 waste collections every year and while we do everything we can to make sure collections aren't missed, sometimes things go wrong for a variety of reasons.
Before you report a missed collection, please:
- check to make sure collection days haven't changed for any reason using the In My Area section of this website
- check to see if your neighbours have had a collection
- check our Twitter feed to see if we've publicised any operational changes
To make sure your collection isn't missed, please ensure:
- your wheelie bin, recycling box/bag or waste sack contains the correct waste materials*
- your wheelie bin is not overfilled and that the lid can close
- there is no additional waste left next to your wheeled bin or recycling box/bag
- your wheelie bin, recycling box/bag or waste sack is left out no later than 7am on your collection day
If your household waste still hasn't been collected by 4pm on the day it was due, please report it to us so we can investigate. Our aim is to return within five days.
Unfortunately, at the moment, we are unable to return to collect recycling.
*If you're unsure about what can go in your wheelie bin, waste sack or recycling see our advice page.