Our swimming pools at the Hydro in Harrogate, Nidderdale Pool and Leisure Centre are open for lane swimming and family sessions. Our Brimhams fitness centres at The Hydro, Nidderdale Pool and Leisure Centre and Ripon Leisure Centre are also open to members only.
To swim, or to use the gym, you must pre-book in advance.
We are now accepting pre-bookings for swimming at Ripon Spa Baths which we hope to reopen on Friday 14 May.
Everybody aged 12 years old and over, who enters any of our leisure centres, or swimming pools, will need to wear a face covering in the communal areas.
New Ripon pool and leisure centre refurbishment project
The construction of our new pool and refurbishment of Ripon Leisure Centre is under way and scheduled to be completed in autumn 2021.
During this time Ripon Leisure Centre will remain open as usual. A temporary entrance and car park is now located at the rear of the building, accessed from Knaresborough Road. There will also be some changes to fitness classes and rooms whilst the leisure centre is being refurbished.
For more details about the project please visit our update page.
Brimhams Ripon is a split-level fitness facility:
- our ground floor air conditioned dedicated Pure Strength fitness suite features a range of resistance machines, extensive free weights, and Olympic bar and squat rack
- our first floor fitness suite features state of the art Technogym cardiovascular equipment including The Climb, resistance machines, free weights, fitballs, bosu and medicine balls, stretching area and foam rollers
Fitness studio - pay as you go
- casual session £10.00
- casual session concession £6.00
- induction (free with membership) £17.00
- GP referral £5.00
If you're aged between 12 and 15, this specialised class is just for you, whatever your ability level. It's designed to help you feel more confident, boost energy levels and improve sport-related performance.
Before you start, a parent or guardian will have to sign a consent form and you'll need an induction with an instructor. During the induction the instructor will create a relevant training programme based on your physical ability, capability and gym experience; this will be reviewed like any other membership.
This membership includes swimming whenever the swim programme permits and use of the gym at any time as long as the member is accompanied by a person aged 16 or over and must have undertaken an induction themselves.
Alternatively, a 45 minute supervised session by a Brimhams Fitness instructor will be available daily for those members who can't bring a person aged 16 and over:
Monday to Friday 4.30pm until 5.15pm; Saturday and Sunday noon until 12.45pm.
You could save money with one of our membership options.
- £45.00 (monthly direct debit)
- concession £31.25 (monthly direct debit)
- couple £80.50 (monthly direct debit)
- couple concession £54.35 (monthly direct debit)
- 7-day pass £14
All memberships include
- unlimited access to Brimhams Fitness Studio and workout classes
- sessions at Ripon Spa Baths including Aquafit, early birds, general swims, 50+, disabled sessions, women only and adults only
- use of the Battenburg Health Suite (timetables permitting)
- free gym and monitored individual training programme, performed by our team of fully qualified fitness professionals
- state of the art Technogym equipment featuring 'mywellness' technology
- bespoke Brimhams Active app to enhance your workout experience
All memberships are non-transferable.
Use this form to ask us about our membership packages, update your own membership details, freeze your membership, or tell us that you’re thinking of cancelling.
Monday to Friday 7am until 9.30pm
Saturday and Sunday 8am until 8pm
Closed on bank holidays
We offer a large range of group exercise classes, including kettlebells, pilates, circuits, body conditioning, cyclone spinning and aqua classes suitable for all levels of fitness.