Council tax and business rates refunds

If your council tax or business rates account is closed and ends up in credit, you may be entitled to a refund of any overpayment you have made. Refunds can also be made if you have been awarded means-tested council tax reduction or another discount or exemption, and the payments you have already made exceed the total charge for the current year.

If you have received a bill confirming your account is in credit, you can request a refund using our online form.

Refunds are made via bank transfer. Please ensure that you have your bank details to hand before completing this form.

Refund request form

Enquiries form