Charitable collections

Please use the links below for information on how to apply to the licensing team for a licence to undertake:

To contact licensing please apply in writing to: Licensing, Harrogate Borough Council, PO Box 787, Harrogate HG1 9RW.

Please note that permission to hold a charitable collection at, or on land under the control of, a particular business premises, for example, a local supermarket, is granted by the particular business and not the council.

Please note that the council is not able to control direct debit solicitation on the public highway (clip board collectors), but collecting companies are requested not to do so on days when formal street collections may have already been authorised (in Harrogate on a Saturday from March to November and in Ripon and Knaresborough on either the Saturday or market day during that period).

Online enquiries form

Visits to the licensing service are by appointment only. Please call us on 01423 500600 or email at

Licence fees