Gambling premises licences

A gambling premises licence is needed for anywhere that offers gambling.

You can apply for five types of premises licences:

  • casino
  • bingo
  • betting premises, including tracks
  • adult gaming centre
  • family entertainment centre

An application can only be made by those who:

  • have the right to occupy the premises
  • are aged over 18
  • have an operating licence from the Gambling Commission

Apply for a new gambling premises licence

Your application to us must include:

You must then:

You must also:

A hearing will be needed if representations are made, or if the licensing authority attaches conditions to the licence, unless the parties agree otherwise.

Licence variations

To remove or vary some of the default conditions:

  • fill in the gambling premises variation application form
  • send the application form to us and other responsible authorities
  • include a plan of the premises with the existing gambling licence or permit
  • include the fee
  • advertise the application in a local newspaper and on a site notice on your premises

More information is available in the gambling premises licence appeals and conditions guidance and you can also contact us at [email protected] or call us on 01423 556843.