Please read these guidance notes carefully before you apply for guest permits. These notes are intended to provide additional information, minimise queries and reduce possible delays in processing applications. Full details of guest permit eligibility and allowances are available.
- zone list and maps - Harrogate
- zone list and maps - Knaresborough
- zone list and maps - Ripon and Pateley Bridge
Explanation of scheme
Guest permits are available to residents, guesthouses and hotels located within certain residential zones. Not all properties/zones are eligible. We administer this scheme on behalf of North Yorkshire County Council who is the Highway Authority. As such we cannot increase/amend guest permit entitlement.
How to apply
- online - you can apply online by using the guest parking permit application form
- by phone - please contact us on 01423 500600 to apply for guest permits over the phone. Please allow three working days for your application to be processed. Please note we do not issue permits at our customer service offices
- hotels or guest houses with more than 60 guest rooms are expected to provide their own parking for guests
- scratch card guest permits are sold in books of 25 costing £5 (20 pence per scratchcard)
- a 50% reduction in the cost is available for residents if proof is provided that:
- you are aged 60 years or over
- you are registered disabled or in receipt of Income Support or Job Seekers Allowance