I've been the victim of domestic violence. What should I do?

Dial 999 straight away if you, or your children, are in immediate danger.

If there is no immediate danger, make contact with any of the following organisations:

National Domestic Helpline

NDA will be able to provide advice on how to get safe housing and support in a women's refuge.

0808 200 0247

Independent Domestic Abuse Services

IDAS is the largest specialist charity in Yorkshire supporting anyone experiencing or affected by domestic abuse or sexual violence. Its services include refuge accommodation, community based support, peer mentoring, group work and access to a free, confidential out of hours helpline. IDAS also has a team of accredited specialist workers (IDVA's and ISVAs) to support you through the criminal justice system in additional to providing emotional support and safety planning advice.

0300 011 0110 (Yorkshire) or 0808 200 0247 (national)

Making Safe (Foundation) YorOK

The primary aim of 'Making Safe' is to keep victims of domestic abuse and their family safe within their own home. It also works with perpetrators to address their behaviours which have led to domestic abuse. The scheme aims to reduce risks to those involved in domestic incidents and reduce the opportunity for a repeat incident to occur. The scheme can provide support for those arrested or charged with offences involving domestic abuse who consent to be involved.

07525 910778 (Monday to Friday 9am until 5pm)

We can also discuss your housing options with you and if necessary help you find somewhere safe to stay on a temporary basis. We will also help you plan for the long term. This might involve making arrangements for rehousing or returning home with additional security measures in place. Please contact us on 01423 500600.

To self-register for homelessness and housing options advice please visit live.housingjigsaw.co.uk

Self-registration guide