If your council tax or business rates account is closed and ends up in credit, you may be entitled to a refund of any overpayment you have made. Refunds can also be made if you have been awarded means-tested council tax reduction or another discount or exemption, and the payments you have already made exceed the total charge for the current year.

If you have received a bill confirming your account is in credit, you can request a refund using our online form.

Refunds are made via bank transfer. Please ensure that you have your bank details to hand before completing this form.

Refund request form

Enquiries form

Page last updated 06/11/2017