It's very important that you tell us about any changes in your circumstances, or those of any member of your household, as soon as they happen.

This is to make sure you don't lose money you're entitled to, or receive too much money which you'll have to pay back.

Examples of changes you should tell us about are:

  • income and capital changes - such as wage increases, starting a new job, savings going up and down
  • changes to members of your household - someone moving in or out
  • rent changes - such as your rent goes up or down or you move home
  • tenants moving out - if you're a landlord

If you do delay in reporting a change that means you receive too much benefit, this could lead to prosecution for benefit fraud.

If you're not sure whether you should tell us about something, please ask us for help.

Report a change

  • change of address - complete and submit our online change of address form
  • change of earnings/job - send us payslips or you can download our certificate of earnings form and ask your employer to complete it
  • change in rent - send us rent proof or you can download our proof of rent form and ask your landlord to complete it
  • all other changes - download and return our change in circumstances form or write to us telling us what the change is, the date it happened and supply relevant proof as evidence of the change

In all cases, you'll need to send us evidence of the change. We can only accept original documents, not photocopies. Details of the evidence we need can be found on the evidence requirements page.

Enquiries form

Page last updated 08/09/2017