What is Harrogate District Businesses Against Crime (HDBAC)?
Harrogate District Businesses Against Crime is a 'not for profit' crime reduction partnership covering the Harrogate area, with members from the retail sector, licensed premises, transport and other business groups. We share the aim of reducing the effects of crime on our businesses and work together to make our town centres safer places for our customers and staff, and to deal with offenders. We are accredited through the National Association of Business Crime Partnerships and hold their Safer Business Award with Distinction, the mark of a successful business crime reduction partnership.
HDBAC is fully supported by Harrogate Borough Council, providers of the public open space CCTV service that covers Harrogate, Ripon, Knaresborough and Boroughbridge.
CCTV Radiolink is a comprehensive two way radio communication package, which puts its members in contact with other business colleagues, the CCTV control room and the Police when they need help the most. Whether it is theft, antisocial behavior or other crime, members will receive a fast response from our trained camera operators to record CCTV evidence and contact the emergency services. Subscribing members also receive crime updates and information about criminals and their methods to help them reduce the impact of crime on their business.
CCTV Radiolink is operated by Harrogate Borough Council and works in close cooperation with HDBAC to provide an effective crime reduction network with a proven track record in preventing crime and helping to prosecute those responsible when it does happen.
To reduce crime and anti-social behaviour to businesses in the Harrogate district.
What we do
- provide support for businesses suffering from shop theft, violent crime or antisocial behaviour
- ensure staff and the general public feel safe at work or when visiting our businesses
- deter offenders from attacking our business and to exclude persistent criminals from member's premises
- increase communication between business and North Yorkshire Police
- lawfully share business crime related intelligence amongst our members and with our regional neighbouring partnerships to provide a proactive and coordinated response when incidents occur
- Harrogate Borough Council
- North Yorkshire Police
- Yorkshire and Humberside Partners Against Crime
- National Association of Business Crime Partnerships
- individual members
Benefits to our members
- radios connect members to CCTV Control and each other to provide reassurance and to provide a response when crime occurs
- radios provide a direct link with our police and PCSO's
- members are alert to threats
- members share information
- HDBAC develops and uses intelligence to identify travelling offenders
- members are part of a supportive community
- reassurance and contact with CCTV control improves safety and security
- by sharing of photographs and Intelligence we warn each other of pending trouble when shoplifters, drunks or persons known for antisocial behaviour are active
- information that includes photographs of suspects, current offenders and excluded individuals is available to members
Businesses support HDBAC through an annual membership subscription, and by hiring a radio each month. This is a business cost and may be tax deductible - check with your book keeper or accountant.
We charge a variable, one-off annual membership subscription rate dependent upon the size of your business, and provide radios at a monthly rental rate of £25.00 plus VAT.
Further information and pricing options can be found in our HDBAC Radiolink leaflet or by contacting the Radiolink Co-ordinator either by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01423 556987.
The latest edition of the HDBAC newsletter is available to view.
Data Protection Privacy Statement
This statement confirms the commitment of Harrogate District Businesses Against Crime (HDBAC) to protect individual's privacy and to process personal information in a manner which meets the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Who we are and what we do
Harrogate District Businesses Against Crime is a Business Crime Reduction Partnership, that is a membership organisation established to assist members to respond in a coordinated manner to crime that affects their businesses, profitability, staff, customers and the local community. By working together, sharing information about crime and those committing it, the HDBAC partnership provides greater protection for both its members and the local community.
We are registered with the information commissioner for the purpose of 'the prevention and detection of crime and the prosecution of offenders'.
What personal information we may process
The information we collect may include:
- names, addresses, occupations, images, descriptions, aliases, associates, vehicles and convictions
- contact information
- occupation and company details
We may use this information for the following reasons:
- the prevention and detection of crime and the prosecution of offenders who are, or are suspected of being involved in business crime, anti-social behaviour or other criminal activity that impacts on our members or the local community
- to manage membership and payment details
- to send you information which we think may be of value or interest or to improve our member services
- we may monitor or record any communication between you and this partnership for quality control and training purposes
How we may use this information operationally
- we examine data and decide whether it is capable of being used to detect, prevent or reduce crime which is committed in our area of operation or elsewhere. Where this data is assessed as being relevant to our purpose, as defined above, we may make it available to our members and the Police through electronic or other means
- where there is evidence that offenders are operating over a wider region, we may share that information with other Business Crime Reduction Partnerships and the police
- we may communicate data to the police or other public agencies where it is relevant to do so for the purposes of the prevention and detection of crime and the prosecution of offenders, or for other reasons relating to the public objectives of those organisations
- where a person has been excluded from the premises of our members for criminal or anti-social behaviour, we will endeavour to serve a copy of the notice on the excludee personally or by post. When this is not practicable and they become aware of their exclusion by virtue of being denied access to members premises, a copy of the notice will be provided to them on request
- we will only communicate information from members, victims or witnesses to third parties with their agreement
The partnership has appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to prevent the unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal information and accidental loss or destruction of or damage to personal information.
Retention of personal information
We will not keep personal information for longer than is necessary for our purposes.
Your rights to access your personal information:
- you are entitled, pursuant to the Act, to ask for a copy of your personal information, for which we will charge a £10 fee, and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected. Disclosure will only be permitted in accordance with the Act to persons who have provided identification
- where we hold data for which we are not the data controller we will not release that data
- where data relates to other persons we will not release that data unless an application is received from that person
- we may not release data which we assess as confidential and which may either interfere with a criminal investigation or which may assist persons committing crime
- should you wish to access your information or have any other enquiries about data protection please contact email@example.com
HDBAC seeks to ensure that all information processed and circulated where appropriate is accurate. However HDBAC and its employees cannot accept any responsibility or liability for any claim, loss or damage whatsoever from the use of any information within, or accessed through, our HDBAC circulations.
Any information provided to members may only be used for the purposes of prevention and detection of crime and the prosecution of offenders.
Page last updated 15/09/2017