We can give advice and offer other help to tenants of properties rented from private landlords.

If you are concerned about the condition of your home, please see our page on Housing Health and Safety Rating System.

Report private rented accommodation issues online

If you live in a house in multiple occupation (a converted flat or bedsit with shared facilities), please see the information in our page on multiple occupancy homes.

Please see information about gas safety, with more details on the Gas Safe Register website.

You may also be able to get assistance if you need help or support to live independently in your private rented home. The links below give more information about services which may be able to help you.

Disabled people home adaptations and aids

Harrogate District Lifeline (warden call service)

Energy efficiency

Empty properties

If you have a problem with damp and mould please have a look at our damp and condensation leaflet to see if this is of any help.

Updates on Universal Credit

Page last updated 24/02/2019