This is a confidential service which provides independent advice and help on home repairs, improvements and adaptations. Run by Yorkshire Housing in partnership with ourselves, the not-for-profit agency particularly helps older home owners, people on benefits or low incomes, tenants and people of all ages with disabilities.
If the work that needs doing to your home qualifies for financial help from the council, the agency will help you with the application. If it doesn't qualify, it can advise you on raising the funds needed and help you explore other avenues.
The help offered includes:
- technical advice about repairs, improvements and adaptations
- help with grant or loan applications
- support during and after application and throughout the grant or loan process
- help to find a suitable builder
- handyman service
- plans drawn, building regulations and approvals obtained
- help with undertaking repairs and adaptation
- referrals if required to other agencies offering home security and insulation
- getting support from social workers or home care assessments from social services
- free advice and free home inspections
Call the agency on 0345 366 4402 or visit www.yorkshirehousing.co.uk for more information.
Page last updated 21/09/2017