Some homes that do not already have gas central heating could get a new system installed free of charge.
Gas central heating can provide cleaner energy, lower bills and healthier homes.
This scheme is available for homes that are not already using mains gas for heating, and who don't already have central heating, and have at least one unheated room.
A connection to the gas network can be included, as long as you live within 23 metres of a gas main.
City of York Council is coordinating this scheme for us. Please call the team in York on 01904 552300 to find out more.
- your household income must be under £21,000 a year
- you must have an Energy Performance Certificate rating of E,F, or G
- if you are renting from a private landlord, you could still be eligible, but your landlord would have to pay a contribution towards the cost
If you have an energy rating of D on an Energy Performance Certificate, you are still eligible if:
- you are over 60, or have children under 16 in your household, or
- you have a chronic illness which is affected by the cold, or
- you cannot insulate your home with conventional cavity wall insulation
What is on offer?
- a full, first time gas central heating system. This includes boiler, radiators, controls and pipe work
- a new connection to the mains gas supply, if this is required
- a gas meter and supply contract with White Rose Energy, if required (you will be able to change your supplier later if you wish)
- an advice visit from Groundwork to explain the heating controls and settings and to discuss supplier change options
Find out your Home Energy Efficiency rating
If you have recently bought or rented your home, you will already have an Energy Performance Certificate, which shows your rating.
Please check it by visiting www.epcregister.com/reportSearchAddressTerms.html
If you do not have an Energy Performance Certificate, call the team at York Council, who will be able to help you.
This scheme is coordinated in our area by City of York Council. If you think you may qualify, call them on 01904 552300.
This project has received investment from National Grid's Warm Homes Fund.
Page last updated 02/07/2018