Better Homes Harrogate is our energy efficiency scheme. Our aim is to help local people live in warmer, healthier homes and have lower bills.
Better Homes is our recommended provider of home improvements such as insulation and new boilers.
Energy Saving Grants
If your household income is less than £35,000 you may qualify for a grant for home insulation or an interest-free loan for a new boiler.
This scheme is funded by the West Yorkshire Combined Authority.
City of York council are running the scheme for Harrogate, Craven, Selby and York councils. Please call 01904 552300 to find out more.
Are you eligible?
Your home must be suitable for insulation or need a new boiler. Your total household income must be less than £35,000.
- you live in one of the eight target wards
- your home has a rating of E, F or G on an Energy Performance Certificate
If you have an energy rating of D on an Energy Performance Certificate, you are eligible if:
- you are over 60, or have children under 16 in your household
- you have a chronic illness which is affected by the cold
The target wards are
- High Harrogate
- Low Harrogate
- New Park
- Ripon Minster
Put your postcode in our In My Area search to find out which ward you live in.
Disabled Facilities Grant recipients are automatically eligible for this energy efficiency scheme, if your DFG contribution is less than £500.
What help is available?
This scheme provides
- 75% of the cost of insulation measures if your household income is between £20,000 - £35,000
- free insulation if your household income is less than £20,000
- if you need a new boiler you can get an interest free loan to cover the cost. The loan is repayable in affordable monthly instalments. This loan is only available to home owners
If you rent from a private landlord, you are eligible for the insulation measures but not for boilers. Your landlord will need to agree and contribute 25% of the cost of the installation.
What is your Home Energy Efficiency rating?
If you have recently bought or rented your home, you will already have an Energy Performance Certificate, which shows your rating. Check it by visiting www.epcregister.com/reportSearchAddressTerms.html or you can work out your rating using this online home energy check survey by visiting hec.est.org.uk/Start.aspx.
The grant scheme is administered in our area by City of York Council. If you think you may qualify, call them on 01904 552300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upgrade to an A-rated boiler
Even if you don't qualify for a grant, Better Homes A-rated boilers can cost less than £2,000.
- Better Homes only sell market leading boilers such as Worcester, Ideal Logic and Viessmann
- replacing your old G-rated boiler with an A-rated model could save you up to £350 on your energy bills each year
- you could get up to a 10 year warranty on your new boiler
- finance options are available to help spread the cost
- no deposit is necessary, don't pay a penny until you are 100% satisfied
- you can book a free no obligation quote and survey at www.betterhomesyorkshire.co.uk or call 0800 597 1500
Get your bespoke energy efficiency offer by calling Better Homes direct on 0800 597 1500 (free from UK landlines) or 0113 897 0977 (local rate call charges apply) - opening hours are 8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday or visit www.betterhomesyorkshire.co.uk/harrogate for further information.
Page last updated 07/08/2017