Better Homes Harrogate is our energy efficiency scheme, helping homeowners and private tenants live in warmer, healthier homes and reducing the cost of fuel bills.
Better Homes is the council's recommended provider of home improvements such as insulation, new boilers and renewable energy.
Upgrade to an A-rated boiler
- Better Homes A-rated boilers can cost less than £2,000
- they only sell market leading boilers such as Worcester, Ideal Logic and Viessmann
- replacing your old G-rated boiler with an A-rated model could save you up to £350 on your energy bills each year
- get up to a 10 year warranty on your new boiler
- finance options are available to help spread the cost
- no deposit is necessary, don't pay a penny until you are 100% satisfied
- you can book a free no obligation quote and survey at www.betterhomesyorkshire.co.uk or call 0800 597 1500
Energy Efficiency Grants
Harrogate, York, Craven and Selby councils are currently offering a local grant for home insulation. The grant is funded by the West Yorkshire Combined Authority and managed by City of York Council.
If you own your home, or rent it from a private landlord, you may qualify for help to improve your energy efficiency.
The amount of funding you could receive depends upon your income, the energy efficiency of your home, and the kind of improvements you need.
You can find out how energy efficient your home is by checking its Energy Performance Certificate (if one exists) or by completing a Home Energy Check survey.
- check your Energy Performance Certificate - www.epcregister.com/reportSearchAddressTerms.html
- complete a home energy check survey - hec.est.org.uk/Start.aspx
You could qualify for the insulation grant if your home has an energy efficiency rating of E, F, or G and your gross household income is less than £35,000 per year.
Help for privately rented homes is limited to 75% of the cost (within a grant maximum). The landlord has to give permission for the work to go ahead, and contribute the remaining 25%.
The grant scheme is administered in this area by City of York Council. If you think you may qualify for a grant, email York Council on 01904 552300.
Non-qualifying households can obtain a bespoke energy efficiency offer by calling Better Homes direct on 0800 597 1500 (free from UK landlines) or 0113 897 0977 (local rate call charges apply) - opening hours are 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday or visit www.betterhomesyorkshire.co.uk/harrogate for further information.
Page last updated 03/03/2017