Events enquiry form

Did you know that you can use council owned or managed land to hold your event? There are lots of different parks and outdoor spaces that are available for you to hire.

To hold an event, activity or to carry out filming on council owned or managed land you will first need to fill out the events enquiry form. Please include with your application as many details as you can in relation to your event, as this will allow us to process your request more efficiently.

Events on the Stray

Please be aware that we are not taking any bookings for events to take place on the Stray until 2020.


A minimum of 16 weeks is required for approval to be granted for your event.

Event fees

A non-refundable application fee is charged for every event to be held on council owned land. In addition refundable bonds are applicable to all events.

Drone devices

Please note that drones may not be flown from, or above, council land without permission granted by Harrogate Borough Council and the Civil Aviation Authority.

Filming and photo shoots

If you would like to film or take photos for commercial activity you must obtain permission to do so. Proposals that do not provide a minimum notice of 10 working days cannot be considered. Please complete and return the online events enquiry form.

Temporary event notice (TEN) and street trading consent

There are some events that will need to have a temporary events notice or street trading consent; this would cover alcohol and entertainment and sale of goods (where required). These are dealt with via our Licensing team.

Page last updated 30/08/2018