We provide paddling pools at:
The three pools are free to use and are open from May bank holiday, at the end of May, to the first week in September.
Valley Gardens pool
Located: off Valley Drive, Harrogate, HG2 0JS.
This is the most popular pool as it's in the play area. There's also a new games pavilion, providing toilets and refreshments.
Bebra Gardens pool
Located: off Brewerton Street, Knaresborough, HG5 8BB.
This paddling pool is in a beautifully landscaped garden attached to the Castle Gardens. The pool looks over the valley towards the River Nidd and is a perfect place to enjoy both the gardens and the pool.
Borrage Green pool
Located: off Harrogate Road, Ripon, HG4 2JH.
The pool is in a well-equipped play area near the town centre, and is a safe environment to let the children run and around and play.
All the pools are emptied, cleaned and refilled at least twice a week, usually on a Monday and a Friday. This can take up to six hours, so be aware of this if you're planning a visit.
As part of a strict maintenance regime, each pool is visited by staff who:
- visit twice a day (morning and afternoon) seven days a week
- test for chlorine levels, adding chlorine granules if necessary
- check for broken glass in and around the pool
- collect litter from the site and empty the litter bins
- take water samples twice a season; these are tested for E Coli and other bacteria to make sure the water quality is safe
Page last updated 11/06/2016