We provide paddling pools at:
The three pools are free to use and are open from May bank holiday, at the end of May, to the first week in September. All the paddling pools will be emptied on 7 September 2018.
Valley Gardens pool
Located: off Valley Drive, Harrogate, HG2 0JS.
This is the most popular pool as it's in the play area. There's also a new games pavilion, providing toilets and refreshments.
Bebra Gardens pool
Located: off Brewerton Street, Knaresborough, HG5 8BB.
This paddling pool is in a beautifully landscaped garden attached to the Castle Gardens. The pool looks over the valley towards the River Nidd and is a perfect place to enjoy both the gardens and the pool.
Borrage Green pool
Located: off Harrogate Road, Ripon, HG4 2JH.
The pool is in a well-equipped play area near the town centre, and is a safe environment to let the children run and around and play.
All the pools are emptied, cleaned and refilled at least twice a week, usually on a Monday and a Friday. This can take up to six hours, so be aware of this if you're planning a visit.
As part of a strict maintenance regime, each pool is visited by staff who:
- visit twice a day (morning and afternoon) seven days a week
- test for chlorine levels, adding chlorine granules if necessary
- check for broken glass in and around the pool
- collect litter from the site and empty the litter bins
- take water samples twice a season; these are tested for E Coli and other bacteria to make sure the water quality is safe
Page last updated 22/08/2018