Guidance and links to help you find out if you need planning permission.
Householder Planning Check Service
We offer a Householder Planning Check service and will tell you what permissions are needed for your project. This will cover any requirements for building regulation approval, listed building consent, conservation area consent and approvals for tree works as well as planning permission.
It makes good sense for you to do this:
- for your own peace of mind
- for record purposes when selling your property
- when raising finance on your property
- to show anyone who questions your right to build
Most additions and alterations to flats will need planning permission but you may use this form to see if any other consents are needed.
What you need to give us
- full description of your proposals using the form below
- fee of £61.10. You can pay online. Please make a note of your receipt number and transaction date and include it on your application form
Information which will help you understand the planning process.
Non householder development
For non-householder development you can find advice for: Adverts and Signs; Solar Panels; Warehouses and Industrial Buildings on the Planning Portal.
Guidance for common projects
The Planning Portal will give you guidance for many common projects.
Trees and garden hedges
Find out about trees and garden hedges.
Page last updated 17/07/2018