Our planning team is working as close to normal as possible and are contactable by email or phone. Site visits and the posting of site notices are being carried out. If you need any help or information, please contact your case officer. For general enquiries, please check the advice on this website or call our customer services team on 01423 500600.
Guidance and links to help you find out if you need planning permission.
Householder Planning Check Service
We offer a Householder Planning Check service and will tell you what permissions are needed for your project. This will cover any requirements for building regulation approval, listed building consent, conservation area consent and approvals for tree works as well as planning permission.
It makes good sense for you to do this:
- for your own peace of mind
- for record purposes when selling your property
- when raising finance on your property
- to show anyone who questions your right to build
Most additions and alterations to flats will need planning permission but you may use this form to see if any other consents are needed.
What you will need to provide:
- complete the form below, which will require a full description of your proposal, often measurements are required so please make sure you have these to hand when completing this form
- fee of £65 which can be paid online, or if using the online form, you will have the option to make the payment at the end of the process. Please make a note of your payment reference number if submitting your form via email to allow us to match your application and payment more easily
- a sketch or plan of your proposal is helpful, this does not have to be to scale but does need to be annotated with proposed measurements. Further information can be found when completing the forms
Information which will help you understand the planning process.
Non householder development
For non-householder development you can find advice for: adverts and signs; solar panels; warehouses and industrial buildings on the Planning Portal.
Guidance for common projects
The Planning Portal will give you guidance for many common projects.
Trees and garden hedges
Find out about trees and garden hedges.
Written responses to enquiries
Please note that from 1 April 2020 there will be a charge of £65 for written responses to planning enquiries.
This may include, but is not limited to, enquiries about non-householder permitted development, queries about signage and queries about whether planning permission would be required.
Page last updated 04/08/2020