You can use Public Access to comment on planning applications and view the documentation relating to planning applications and appeals.
If you want to make comments on an application you will need to create a user account by clicking on Register in the menu bar in Public Access. Public Access requires a separate registration from My Harrogate.
This service allows you to view details and make comments on planning applications which are being considered, view decision notices, as well as viewing information for historic applications from 1974 onwards.
- view applications and decisions
- comment on applications
- track applications
- set up development alerts for new applications within your area
- Public Access help notes
- using PDF measuring tools
- to view documents in Public Access please use the Document Type link
- Google Chrome users may have problems opening some documents. If this happens, please download the document and open with Adobe Reader instead
Terms and Conditions
Use of Public Access for Planning is subject to acceptance of the following terms and conditions:
The documents available here have been submitted to the council in order to apply for planning permission. They are protected by Section 47 of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988. They are being made available to be viewed for consultation purposes only - copies must not be made without the prior permission of the copyright owner (ie the applicant or their agent).
Comments or representations displayed:
- have not been checked for accuracy
- are the views only of the author or authors
- will be given appropriate weight in the consideration and determination of the application by the local planning authority
- you must include your name and address
We suggest you:
- do not include your signature
- do not include your telephone number
- do not include any other information you are unwilling to have published on the internet
Every effort will be made to identify representations which contain personal information and any personal information will be removed. Every effort will also be made to identify and remove any defamatory information. Information which is removed will have no part in the consideration and determination of the application.
The name and address of the representor will be published, however If you wish for your name and address to be removed, that can be done but representations that are marked confidential or anonymous cannot be taken into account when an application is considered.
To view online
- use the Documents tab to view comments made by post or email from November 2009 onwards, and for comments made via Public Access from 21 August 2017 onwards
- even if there is a statement of "There are no comments lodged for this application" on the Comments tab - this statement will only apply to comments made via Public Access from 1st October 2010 onwards
To view in person
Comments made prior to these dates are available to view by appointment with Customer Services. Please email email@example.com or telephone 01423 500600.
- documents will be available online within 5 working days from registration
- associated documents are available for applications received from August 2005 onwards
- no responsibility will be taken for any errors or omissions in the planning history information obtained from 'Public Access'
- the information contained within 'Public Access' does not constitute in any way a formal notification of a planning decision, and as such any actions taken as a result of information displayed on the site are undertaken entirely at the viewers own risk
Public Access uses pop-ups to provide information. You will need to temporarily allow pop-ups in your browser.
Page last updated 06/09/2018