Current delays in registering planning applications
Due to resourcing issues we are currently behind in registering planning applications. Please bear with us during this difficult period. Much time is taken dealing with planning applications which are 'invalid' as they have been submitted without all of the required information.
Please make sure you refer to our local validation criteria before submitting an application.
We will update as/when the situation changes.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience which these delays may cause.
You can use Public Access to comment on and view the documentation relating to planning applications.
If you want to make comments on an application you will need to create a user account by clicking on Register in the menu bar in Public Access. Public Access requires a separate registration from My Harrogate.
Please note the following planning application has been withdrawn: 8 March 2017
15/01718/FUL - Siting of 2 wind turbines (30m high to hub) at High Moor Farm Beckwithshaw HG3 1QY
Please note recent work to improve access to planning applications from the 1970's and 1980's may result in them appearing on any saved searches/development alerts which users may have setup.
Please be assured these applications are historic and are not under consideration. Please accept our apologies for any confusion.
This service allows you to view details and make comments on planning applications which are being considered, view decision notices, as well as viewing information for historic applications from 1974 onwards.
- view applications and decisions
- comment on applications
- track applications
- set up development alerts for new applications within your area
Public Access will be unavailable every other Thursday morning from 6am to 9am on an ongoing basis to allow for essential maintenance work.
- There has been a minor upgrade to the system. To login you will need to enter the same username and password you have previously setup. If you have forgotten your password there is an option to request a new one.
- Public Access help notes
- Using PDF measuring tools
- To view documents in Public Access please use the Document Type link.
- Google Chrome users may have problems opening some documents. If this happens, please download the document and open with Adobe Reader instead.
- AOL, Tiscali and Talk Talk customers will not be able to register an account on Public Access using an email address from these providers. This issue is under investigation with the suppliers and is beyond our control. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Terms and Conditions
Use of Public Access for Planning is subject to acceptance of the following terms and conditions:
The documents available here have been submitted to the council in order to apply for planning permission. They are protected by Section 47 of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988. They are being made available to be viewed for consultation purposes only - copies must not be made without the prior permission of the copyright owner (i.e. the applicant or their agent).
Comments or representations displayed:
- have not been checked for accuracy
- are the views only of the author or authors
- will be given appropriate weight in the consideration and determination of the application by the local planning authority
Every effort will be made to identify representations which are defamatory. If any are found they will be removed and have no part in the consideration and determination of the application.
To view online
- Use the Comments tab to view comments made via Public Access from 1st October 2010 onwards.
- Use the Documents tab to view comments made by post or email from November 2009 onwards.
- Even if there is a statement of "There are no comments lodged for this application" on the comments tab - this statement will only apply to comments made via Public Access from 1st October 2010 onwards.
To view in person
- Comments made prior to these dates are available to view by appointment with Customer Services. Email email@example.com or telephone 01423 500600.
- Documents will be available online within 5 working days from registration.
- Associated documents are available for applications received from August 2005 onwards.
- No responsibility will be taken for any errors or omissions in the planning history information obtained from 'Public Access'.
- The information contained within 'Public Access' does not constitute in any way a formal notification of a planning decision, and as such any actions taken as a result of information displayed on the site are undertaken entirely at the viewers own risk.
Public Access uses pop-ups to provide information. You will need to temporarily allow pop-ups in your browser.
Page last updated 14/03/2017