If requesting a password reset, please be aware that the email address field is case sensitive, you need to enter your email address as you originally entered it when you set up your account.
If you are having problems logging into Public Access please visit Public Access - trouble logging
You can use Public Access to comment on planning applications and view the documentation relating to planning applications and appeals.
If you want to make comments on an application you will need to create a user account by clicking on Register in the menu bar in Public Access. Public Access requires a separate registration from My Harrogate.
This service allows you to view details and make comments on planning applications which are being considered, view decision notices, as well as viewing information for historic applications from 1974 onwards.
- view applications and decisions
- comment on applications
- track applications
- set up development alerts for new applications within your area
- Public Access help notes
- using PDF measuring tools
- to view documents in Public Access please use the Document Type link
- Google Chrome users may have problems opening some documents. If this happens, please download the document and open with Adobe Reader instead
Terms and Conditions
Use of Public Access for Planning is subject to acceptance of the following terms and conditions:
The documents available here have been submitted to the council in order to apply for planning permission. They are protected by Section 47 of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988. They are being made available to be viewed for consultation purposes only - copies must not be made without the prior permission of the copyright owner (ie the applicant or their agent).
Comments or representations displayed:
- have not been checked for accuracy
- are the views only of the author or authors
- will be given appropriate weight in the consideration and determination of the application by the local planning authority
- you must include your name and address
Planning application documents are published on our website, however before publishing we are required by the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), related legislations and best practice to remove 'personal information'.
We suggest you:
- do not include your signature
- do not include your telephone number
- do not include any other information you are unwilling to have published on the internet
Every effort will be made to identify representations which contain personal information and any personal information will be removed. Every effort will also be made to identify and remove any defamatory information. Information which is removed will have no part in the consideration and determination of the application.
There are occasions when other personal information is submitted within supporting documents, this personal information can include:
- financial information
- car registration plates
- photos of individuals
- a persons age
- physical or mental health information
- views on other individuals - such as their health or anything defamatory or libellous
- how long a person has resided at a property
- a persons employment history
- criminal record - including alleged offences
- racial or ethnic origin
- religious or other beliefs
- political opinions
- membership of a trade union
- sexual orientation or how a person identifies
- and any other information which may identify an individual person or persons
Even if the applicant, or a person making comments on an application, wants the personal information to be published online, we must endeavour to remove it.
Therefore when submitting an application or comments please can you make sure that the above personal information is only submitted if it is a planning consideration, for example financial information which may support a change of use application from a business to a dwelling to show that a business is not viable or information to show that a fee is not required as the proposed development is for the sole use of a disabled person. We will endeavour to make sure this information is not published online.
If you submit personal information as set out above please can you ensure that it is either referred to in a covering letter - or contained within a separate document to aid identification and removal from the documents which will be published online.
If you require any assistance in this regard, please email email@example.com
The name and address of the representor will be published, however If you wish for your name and address to be removed, that can be done but representations that are marked confidential or anonymous cannot be taken into account when an application is considered.
To view online
- use the Documents tab to view comments made by post or email from November 2009 onwards, and for comments made via Public Access from 21 August 2017 onwards
- even if there is a statement of "There are no comments lodged for this application" on the Comments tab - this statement will only apply to comments made via Public Access from 1st October 2010 onwards
To view in person
Comments made prior to these dates are available to view by appointment with Customer Services. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01423 500600.
- documents will be available online within 5 working days from registration
- associated documents are available for applications received from August 2005 onwards
- no responsibility will be taken for any errors or omissions in the planning history information obtained from 'Public Access'
- the information contained within 'Public Access' does not constitute in any way a formal notification of a planning decision, and as such any actions taken as a result of information displayed on the site are undertaken entirely at the viewers own risk
Public Access uses pop-ups to provide information. You will need to temporarily allow pop-ups in your browser.
Page last updated 19/12/2019