About 10% of planning applications are decided by a planning committee. There are two of them - planning and district development.
The rest are decided by the chief planner, or the chief planner in consultation with the planning committee chairman under the powers delegated to him by the council.
Please note that the council will be introducing a new Planning Scheme of Delegation for applications from 11 July 2016 and from 23 May 2017 the planning committee will meet every three weeks, as opposed to two, and the planning referral committee will be abolished.
- covers the whole district
- determines all types of planning applications as shown in the planning scheme of delegation
- meets every three weeks, usually on a Tuesday at 2pm
- agenda is available 7 days before the meeting and includes the minutes of the previous meeting
District development committee
- approves development plan policy and proposals for consultation and adoption
- only meets when required
View agendas and minutes
Planning referral committee agendas and minutes - this committee was abolished on 22 May 2017
Page last updated 06/09/2018