You can use Public Access to comment on and view the documentation relating to planning applications.
This service allows you to view details and make comments on planning applications which are being considered, as well as viewing information for historic applications from 1974 onwards.
Setup 'Development Alerts' for new applications within your area
Once you have searched for an application you can save that search and ask to be notified when any new applications fitting the search criteria are received. Once the search results have been displayed select the Save Search button to save it - you will have to login / register to do this. When saving a map search you can specify either the map shown on the screen or a distance from the centre of the screen to search on.
If you would like to be notified of any new applications which match the saved search – select Yes for the Notify Me About New Search Results box.
- Public Access help notes
- using PDF measuring tools
- to view documents in Public Access please click on the Document Type link
- Google Chrome users may have problems opening some documents. If this happens, please download the document and open with Adobe Reader instead
- AOL, Tiscali and Talk Talk customers will not be able to register an account on Public Access using an email address from these providers. This issue is under investigation with the suppliers and is beyond our control. We apologise for any inconvenience
Terms and conditions
Use of Public Access for Planning is subject to acceptance of the following terms and conditions:
The documents available here have been submitted to the Council in order to apply for planning permission. They are protected by Section 47 of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988. They are being made available to be viewed for consultation purposes only - copies must not be made without the prior permission of the copyright owner (that is the applicant or their agent).
Comments or representations displayed:
- have not been checked for accuracy
- are the views only of the author or authors
- will be given appropriate weight in the consideration and determination of the application by the local planning authority
Every effort will be made to identify representations which are defamatory. If any are found they will be removed and have no part in the consideration and determination of the application.
To view online
- use the Comments tab to view comments made via Public Access from 1st October 2010 onwards. Click on the Document Date to open
- use the Documents tab to view comments made by post or email from November 2009 onwards. Click on the Document Date to open
- even if there is a statement of "There are no comments lodged for this application" on the comments tab - this statement will only apply to comments made via Public Access from 1st October 2010 onwards
To view in person
Comments made prior to these dates are available to view by appointment with Customer Services. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01423 500600.
- documents will be available online within 5 working days from registration
- associated documents are available for applications received from August 2005 onwards
- no responsibility will be taken for any errors or omissions in the planning history information obtained from 'Public Access'
- the information contained within 'Public Access' does not constitute in any way a formal notification of a planning decision, and as such any actions taken as a result of information displayed on the site are undertaken entirely at the viewers own risk
Public Access uses pop-ups to provide information. You will need to temporarily allow pop-ups in your browser.
Page last updated 21/08/2017