Key dates in the preparation and reporting of the Local Plan
Formal reporting of the Publication Draft Local Plan will take place on the following dates:
- Wednesday 15 November 2017: Cabinet meeting
- Thursday 16 November 2017: District Development Committee meeting
- Wednesday 29 November 2017: Cabinet meeting
- Wednesday 13 December 2017: Full Council meeting
For more information please see our Councillors and committees page.
As set out in the council's Local Development Scheme, consultation on the publication draft is scheduled in January 2018.
Additional sites consultation
Harrogate Borough Council held a six week consultation on additional sites for the Draft Local Plan between 14 July and 25 August 2017. The consultation included:
- Additional draft allocations for new homes and jobs
- Draft new settlement allocation at Green Hammerton
- Gypsy and Traveller sites
- Amended draft allocations for housing
- Draft educational facilities allocations
You can view the document via our consultation portal, or you can view PDFs of the main consultation document below. Due to the size of the document it has been split into three parts; part one contains the main report with all the individual site maps; parts two and three contain maps of settlements where additional draft allocations have been included.
Additional sites consultation documents
- 2017 July Draft Local Plan Additional Sites consultation Part 1
- 2017 July Draft Local Plan Additional Sites consultation Part 2
- 2017 July Draft Local Plan Additional Sites consultation Part 3
Documents providing background information to the consultation are available to view on our evidence base page.
Getting involved in the Local Plan
The council has updated its Engagement Strategy, which sets out the main stages of Local Plan preparation, the timescales, and the opportunities for you to get involved.
Consultation on the draft Local Plan November – December 2016
Harrogate Borough Council held a six week consultation on its draft local plan between 11 November and 23 December 2016. The draft local plan includes:
- policies to guide development
- sites for new homes and jobs
- options for a new settlement for the district
- allocations for Local Green Space
- development limits for settlements
This consultation has now closed, but you view the draft local plan documents below, or visit the consultation portal to view the documents and responses to the consultation.
Page last updated 13/10/2017