Harrogate District Draft Local Plan additional sites consultation 14 July – 25 August
Harrogate Borough Council is holding a six week consultation on additional sites for the Draft Local Plan between 14 July and 25 August 2017. The consultation includes:
- Additional draft allocations for new homes and jobs
- Draft new settlement allocation at Green Hammerton
- Gypsy and Traveller sites
- Amended draft allocations for housing
- Draft educational facilities allocations
You can view and comment on the document via our consultation portal, or you can view PDFs of the main consultation document below. Due to the size of the document it has been split into three parts; part one contains the main report with all the individual site maps; parts two and three contain maps of settlements where additional draft allocations have been included.
Additional sites consultation documents
- 2017 July Draft Local Plan Additional Sites consultation Part 1
- 2017 July Draft Local Plan Additional Sites consultation Part 2
- 2017 July Draft Local Plan Additional Sites consultation Part 3
The consultation document is also available to view in all of the district's libraries, at the council's main Crescent Gardens offices in Harrogate, at Ripon Town Hall and Knaresborough House during normal office hours.
Documents providing background information to the consultation are available to view on our evidence base page.
All comments to the consultation must be received by 4.30pm on Friday 25 August 2017.
Draft local plan additional sites exhibitions
Come along and view the plans at one of our public exhibitions during the consultation period:
- Wednesday 19 July 2017: Ripon Town Hall, Market Place, Ripon 2 - 7pm
- Tuesday 25 July 2017: Green Hammerton Village Hall, 2 - 7pm
- Wednesday 26 July 2017: Gracious Street Methodist Church, Knaresborough, 2 - 7pm
- Thursday 27 July 2017: Jubilee Room, Boroughbridge Library, 2 - 7pm
- Saturday 29 July 2017: Harrogate Wesley Centre, Oxford Road, Harrogate, 10am - 2pm
Getting involved in the Local Plan
The council has updated its Engagement Strategy, which sets out the main stages of Local Plan preparation, the timescales, and the opportunities for you to get involved.
Consultation on the draft Local Plan November – December 2016
Harrogate Borough Council held a six week consultation on its draft local plan between 11 November and 23 December 2016. The draft local plan includes:
- policies to guide development
- sites for new homes and jobs
- options for a new settlement for the district
- allocations for Local Green Space
- development limits for settlements
This consultation has now closed, but you view the draft local plan documents below, or visit the consultation portal to view the documents and responses to the consultation.
Page last updated 14/07/2017