Community Infrastructure Levy Examination
Following submission of the Community Infrastructure Levy Draft Charging Schedule on 16 August 2019, the Draft Charging Schedule was examined on Wednesday 23 October 2019. This page forms the main source of information regarding the CIL Examination. The information should be read alongside the submission and supporting documents.
- 17 February 2020 Harrogate Borough Council response to CIL modifications consultation
- 3 January - 31 January 2020 CIL modifications consultation. The main modifications schedule and accompanying documentation can be viewed at consult.harrogate.gov.uk
- 23 October 2019 Responses to inspectors questions and council's opening statement
- 18 October 2019 Revised examination programme for the hearing session
- 12 September 2019: Examination guidance note from the inspector This note provides guidance to representors involved in the Examination of the Community Infrastructure Levy Draft Charging Schedule. All representors should familiarise themselves with the contents of the note, in particular those who wish to submit further statements and/or take part in the hearing sessions.
- 12 September 2019: Draft programme for the hearing session including the questions from the Inspector that will form the basis of the discussion at the hearing sessions
Jameson Bridgwater has been appointed to conduct the examination to determine whether the charging schedule is sound.
An independent Programme Officer, Liz Sheard, has been appointed to assist the independent Inspector through the examination. She is responsible for all procedural matters of the examination and all future correspondence with respondents to the CIL regarding the examination will be via her.
Programme Officer, c/o Harrogate Borough Council, PO Box 787, Harrogate, HG1 9RW
Draft Charging Schedule submission for examination
The Community Infrastructure Levy Draft Charging Schedule was submitted for examination on Friday 16 August 2019.
Full details are contained within the Notice of Submission Statement.
The Submission Draft Charging Schedule and supporting documents are available to view below:
Submission Draft Charging Schedule August 2019
Draft Charging Schedule January 2019
CIL Viability Assessment January 2019
Regulation 19b Consultation Statement and Key Issues: August 2019
Supporting documents relevant to the preparation of the Draft Charging Schedule:
Whole Plan Viability Study, October 2016
Infrastructure Delivery Plan, August 2018
Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule May 2018
Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule Key Issues January 2019
Planning Obligations Evidence Tables May 2018
All representations submitted during the publication consultation have been submitted to the Planning Inspectorate (including any attachments and supplementary reports). These are available to view on the consultation portal or from the list above.
Hard copies of the submission documents will also be available for inspection at the following locations:
- Civic Centre, St Luke's Mount, Harrogate, HG1 2AE. Opening hours 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Thursdays and 8.30am to 4.30pm on Fridays
- Knaresborough Library, Marketplace, Knaresborough, HG58AG Opening hours can be viewed at www.northyorks.gov.uk/local-libraries
- Ripon Library, The Arcade, Ripon, HG4 1AG Opening hours can be viewed at www.northyorks.gov.uk/local-libraries
- Nidderdale Plus community library, Station Square, Pateley Bridge
HG3 5AT. Opening hours can be viewed at www.northyorks.gov.uk/local-libraries
- Mashamshire community library, Little Market Place, Masham, HG4 4DY. Opening hours can be viewed at www.northyorks.gov.uk/local-libraries
- Harrogate library, Victoria Avenue, Harrogate, HG1 1EG. Opening hours can be viewed at www.northyorks.gov.uk/local-libraries
- Boroughbridge Library, 17 St James Square, Boroughbridge, York YO51 9AR. Opening hours can be viewed at www.northyorks.gov.uk/local-libraries
The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) allows councils to raise funds from developers undertaking new building projects in the district. The money can be used to fund infrastructure projects such as schools, open space, flood defences and transport improvements that are needed to support development.
Charging authorities set out the CIL rates in a charging schedule. CIL rates are expressed in pounds per square metre and will be levied against most new development. The council must set CIL rates based on evidence of the viability of different types of development and produce a charging schedule that is subject to an independent examination.
Preparation of a charging schedule is undertaken in three stages:
- Preparation and consultation on a Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule (PDCS)
- Revision of the PDCS and consultation on a Draft Charging Schedule and
- Examination in public of the Draft Charging Schedule and receipt of a binding inspector's report
Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule consultation.
A six week consultation on the Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule (PDCS) ran from 26 May to 6 July 2018. The consultation documents can be viewed from the links below
Page last updated 31/03/2020