Please note: Otley Neighbourhood Area falls mainly within Leeds City Council's boundary and is therefore being administered by Leeds City Council.
The Independent Examiner for the Otley Neighbourhood Plan has published his examination report.
The report concludes that, subject to modification, the Otley Neighbourhood Plan meets the basic conditions and other relevant legal requirements and can proceed to referendum.
The following documents are available to view:
- Otley neighbourhood plan examiner's report
- Otley neighbourhood plan proposal
- Otley neighbourhood area map
- Otley neighbourhood plan consultation statement
- Otley neighbourhood plan basic conditions statement
- May 2019: Representations received in response to further publicity on the updated habitats assessment are available. The examiner will consider the updated documents and representations received as part of the ongoing examination of the Otley neighbourhood plan
- April 2019: The Otley neighbourhood plan habitats regulations assessment screening report and the Otley neighbourhood plan basic conditions statement were updated following a change in case law and subsequent amendments to the neighbourhood planning basic conditions. The documents are available to view by visiting www.leeds.gov.uk/planning/planning-policy/neighbourhood-planning/otley-neighbourhood-plan. With the agreement of Otley Town Council and the independent examiner, further publicity was under taken on the updated reports
- 28 March 2019: Response to the examiner’s requests for clarification dated 15 February 2019. This is the joint response of Leeds City Council and Otley Town Council, on behalf of Harrogate Borough Council, Mid Wharfedale Parish Council and Lower Washburn Parish Council
- 20 February 2019: As a point of clarification, the Independent Examiner has written to confirm that he will continue to undertake the Otley NDP Independent Examination in the context of the National Planning Policy Framework published in March 2012. The letter can be viewed by visiting www.harrogate.gov.uk/downloads/file/4882/examiner_letter_sent_200219_nppf_update
- 15 February 2019: The Independent Examiner has written to the council to seek clarification on a number of issues. The letter is available by visiting www.harrogate.gov.uk/downloads/file/4881/examiner_letter_sent_150219_request_for_clarification and the council’s response will be published on this web page in due course
- on 20 December 2018, the Independent Examiner wrote to the council in respect of updates to the basic conditions, and to request that the council considers whether any further work is required as a result. You can view the Examiner’s HRA and basic conditions note
- the Habitats Regulations Assessment Screening report update September 2018 was initially omitted from the basic conditions statement however this has now been rectified (see Appendix 3). To give people full opportunity to make comments on all the submitted documents, the consultation extended accordingly
Page last updated 25/06/2019