Please note: Otley Neighbourhood Area falls mainly within Leeds City Council's boundary and is therefore being administered by Leeds City Council.
Independent Examiner Christopher Collison BA(Hons) MBA MRTPI MIED MCMI IHBC has been appointed to undertake the Independent Examination of the Otley Neighbourhood Development Plan. A letter which clarifies how the examination will be conducted can be viewed by visiting www.harrogate.gov.uk/downloads/file/4338/examiner_initial_letter_otley_ndp_independent_examination_16_november_2018.
Otley Town Council has submitted the Otley neighbourhood plan proposal to Leeds City Council for independent examination. Under para 16 of The Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 (as amended), the council is publicising the plan proposal and seeking comments from those who live, work or carry out business in the Otley neighbourhood and any consultation body referred to in the submitted consultation statement. Detail of this consultation are appearing here as part of the Otley neighbourhood area lies within Harrogate Borough. The consultation runs from Friday 9 November to Friday 4 January (closing at 5pm).
The following documents have been submitted by Otley Town Council:
- Submission Otley neighbourhood plan
- Otley neighbourhood plan map
- Otley neighbourhood plan consultation statement
- Otley neighbourhood plan basic conditions statement
Please note: The Habitats Regulations Assessment Screening report update September 2018 was initially omitted from the Basic Conditions Statement however this has now been rectified (see Appendix 3). To give people full opportunity to make comments on all the submitted documents, the consultation has been extended to run from Friday 9 November until 5pm on Friday 4 January 2019.
The following documents are also available:
- Otley response form
- Otley public notice
Paper copies can be inspected at the following locations:
- Leeds City Council, City Centre Hub, Merrion House, 110 Merrion Centre, Leeds, LS2 8BB
- Harrogate Borough Council, The Customer Service Centre, Civic Centre, St Luke's Avenue, Harrogate, HG1 2AE
- Otley Library, Tourist Information and One Stop Centre, Nelson Street, Otley LS21 1EZ (Monday 9am until 6pm, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 9am until 5pm, Thursday 9am until 7pm, Saturday 9am until 4pm, Sunday 11am until 2pm)
- Otley Town Council, Otley Core Resource Centre, Unit 11 Orchard Gate, Otley, LS21 3NX (during opening hours)
How to make representations
If you would like to make a representation on Otley neighbourhood plan, then please send your representation to email@example.com or in writing to Neighbourhood Planning, Policy and Plans Group, Planning Services, Merrion House, 110 Merrion Centre, Leeds, LS2 8BB. We encourage those responding to use the response form which is available on the Leeds City Council website and at the locations above. Please ensure your representation is submitted by 5pm on Friday 4 January 2019.
Any representations may include a request to be notified regarding Leeds City Council's decision under Regulation 19 (decision on a plan proposal) to make the submitted neighbourhood development plan for Otley.
Page last updated 16/11/2018