Please note: Otley Neighbourhood Area falls mainly within Leeds City Council's boundary and is therefore being administered by Leeds City Council.
Independent Examiner Christopher Collison BA(Hons) MBA MRTPI MIED MCMI IHBC has been appointed to undertake the Independent Examination of the Otley Neighbourhood Development Plan. A letter which clarifies how the examination will be conducted can be viewed by visiting www.harrogate.gov.uk/downloads/file/4338/examiner_initial_letter_otley_ndp_independent_examination_16_november_2018.
Otley Town Council has submitted the Otley neighbourhood plan proposal to Leeds City Council for independent examination. Under para 16 of The Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 (as amended), the council must publicise the plan proposal and seek comments from those who live, work or carry out business in the Otley neighbourhood and any consultation body referred to in the submitted consultation statement. Detail of this consultation are appearing here as part of the Otley neighbourhood area lies within Harrogate Borough. The consultation ran from Friday 9 November to Friday 4 January 2019.
The following documents have been submitted by Otley Town Council:
- Submission Otley neighbourhood plan
- Otley neighbourhood plan map
- Otley neighbourhood plan consultation statement
- Otley neighbourhood plan basic conditions statement
- 28 March 2019: Response to the examiner’s requests for clarification dated 15 February 2019. This is the joint response of Leeds City Council and Otley Town Council, on behalf of Harrogate Borough Council, Mid Wharfedale Parish Council and Lower Washburn Parish Council.
- 20 February 2019: As a point of clarification, the Independent Examiner has written to confirm that he will continue to undertake the Otley NDP Independent Examination in the context of the National Planning Policy Framework published in March 2012. The letter can be viewed by visiting www.harrogate.gov.uk/downloads/file/4882/examiner_letter_sent_200219_nppf_update
- 15 February 2019: The Independent Examiner has written to the council to seek clarification on a number of issues. The letter is available by visiting www.harrogate.gov.uk/downloads/file/4881/examiner_letter_sent_150219_request_for_clarification and the council’s response will be published on this web page in due course
- on 20 December 2018, the Independent Examiner wrote to the council in respect of updates to the basic conditions, and to request that the council considers whether any further work is required as a result. You can view the Examiner’s HRA and basic conditions note
- the Habitats Regulations Assessment Screening report update September 2018 was initially omitted from the basic conditions statement however this has now been rectified (see Appendix 3). To give people full opportunity to make comments on all the submitted documents, the consultation extended accordingly
Page last updated 04/04/2019