We have created this page to keep you updated about the construction of the new Ripon swimming pool and refurbishment of Ripon Leisure Centre.
Opening in summer 2021 the multi-million-pound project will create a new state-of-the-art facility with:
- a six-lane 25 metre pool
- a new main entrance, lobby and changing rooms
- a new health suite
- two new dance studios and spin studio
- a new meeting room
Outside the car park will be reconfigured, a sheltered cycle rack will be installed and Camp Close play area and park will re-open.
Wilmott Dixon are leading the construction work.
Key project updates and leisure centre changes
The government is further easing the lockdown restrictions and we're working hard to make sure our facilities are ready to welcome you back as soon as possible. In preparation we're working on new customer safety guidance, staff training and increased cleaning routines.
- from Monday 16 March the first floor will be closed as refurbishment work starts on our new gym and fitness area
- the ground floor arts hall is being prepared to temporarily accommodate our gym in one half and fitness studio in the other half. Spinning classes will also be relocated to the ground floor in a room accessed near the sports hall. These will open on the 16 March with a new temporary fitness class timetable
- grading work will continue, as well as drainage and kerbing on the new permanent car park
- grouting, drainage and groundwork will continue across the site
- the arts hall will be closed for six to eight weeks to prepare for the temporary relocation of the gym, fitness studio and spinning room from March to October 2020
- solid hoarding will replace the fencing around the main entrance on Dallamires Lane
- new visitor signage will be installed
- groundwork across the site will continue
- drainage work will start down the side of the leisure centre
- the new site for the play area will be formed
- grading, drainage and kerbing will start on the new permanent car park
- closed existing leisure centre car park
- created a new temporary car park, footpath and entrance at the rear of the entrance, accessed from Knaresborough Road
- removed the leisure centre entrance canopy
- temporarily removed Camp Close play area equipment
- started grouting and drainage groundwork
- ground work grouting work started
Page last updated 13/07/2020