We've taken the decision to close all of our leisure centres, swimming pools, community centres, Turkish Baths, our two museums, the Mercer art gallery and tourist information centres.
This is with effect from end of business tonight (Friday 20 March) and these buildings will remain closed until further notice. The decision is in line with updated government guidance and reflects the need for us to do what we can to encourage greater social isolation in light of the spread of the coronavirus. If you are affected by these closures, there is no need for you to get in touch. If you are a member of our venues, having swimming or diving lessons or other regular activities, your membership will be suspended and you will not be charged for April or May. If you have existing bookings, you'll be contacted over the coming days.
Facilities at The Hydro, Harrogate, include:
- three pools: an eight-lane 25m short-course competition standard swimming pool; multi-purpose activity pool with moving floor, high board and spring board diving; a training pool for our learners
- swimming lessons
- diving lessons
- Brimhams Harrogate - a 36-station, state-of-the-art gym offering the latest fitness equipment and classes, Kinesis studio, and dance studio offering a range of workout classes
- children's parties
- changing rooms: with level access, dedicated baby-changing facilities, large family cubicles, accessible changing rooms for those with limited mobility, single-sex changing rooms with showers, and lockers
- facilities for those with disabilities: these include an induction loop, pool hoists, reserved parking, and lift
- cafe and vending machines
- free wi-fi
- large free car park
- spectator gallery and poolside viewing
Adult swim £5.00
Child swim (3 years plus) £2.50
Family ticket (two adults, two children) £13.20
Adult concession £3.60
Toddler (2 to 3 years) £1.20
Under 2 years Free
Fun session adult £5.10
Fun session child £4.10
Fun session toddler £1.20
Fun session under 2 Free
Other Hydro information
Children's admission policy
One responsible adult aged over 16 can supervise two children under eight.
Wet suit policy
Wet suits aren't allowed. We don't know where the wet suit has been worn before. If it's been worn in an outdoor pool or lake, for example, there's a risk of cross-contamination from water-borne bacteria, and that's too great a risk for us to take.
We sell a range of armbands but also keep some at the poolside for you to use.
We aim to keep our pools at the following temperatures:
- main pool and activity pool 29 degrees centigrade
- teaching pool 31 degrees centigrade
Main pool temperatures may be lower then normal before and after competition swimming.
Page last updated 23/03/2020