We've taken the decision to close all of our leisure centres, swimming pools, community centres, Turkish Baths, our two museums, the Mercer art gallery and tourist information centres.
This is with effect from end of business tonight (Friday 20 March) and these buildings will remain closed until further notice. The decision is in line with updated government guidance and reflects the need for us to do what we can to encourage greater social isolation in light of the spread of the coronavirus. If you are affected by these closures, there is no need for you to get in touch. If you are a member of our venues, having swimming or diving lessons or other regular activities, your membership will be suspended and you will not be charged for April or May. If you have existing bookings, you'll be contacted over the coming days.
Brimhams Harrogate is a fully air-conditioned fitness facility, featuring top spec Technogym equipment.
Our cardio-vascular equipment includes treadmills, recline bikes, rowers, bikes and an upper body trainer. Resistance equipment features abductors, leg curl and extension, chest press, free weights, lat machine and shoulder press and more. The Kinesis equipment includes a power plate and kettlebells.
Fitness studio - pay as you go
- casual session £10.00
- casual session concession £6.00
- induction (free with membership) £17.00 (induction fee payable on booking, refunded when joining. 12 hour cancellation notice required)
- GP referral £5.00
We also offer personal training. For more information please ask a member of the Brimhams team
If you're aged between 12 and 15, this specialised class is just for you, whatever your ability level. It's designed to help you feel more confident, boost energy levels and improve sport-related performance.
Before you start, a parent or guardian will have to sign a consent form and you'll need an induction with an instructor. During the induction the instructor will create a relevant training programme based on your physical ability, capability and gym experience; this will be reviewed like any other membership.
This membership includes swimming whenever the swim programme permits and use of the gym at any time as long as the member is accompanied by a person aged 16 or over and must have undertaken an induction themselves.
Alternatively, a 45 minute supervised session by a Brimhams Fitness instructor will be available daily for those members who can't bring a person aged 16 and over:
Monday to Friday, 4.15pm until 5pm; Saturday noon until 12.45pm; Sunday 3pm until 3.45pm.
You could save money with one of our membership options.
- £47.00 (monthly direct debit)
- student £31.25 (monthly direct debit)
- senior (over 65 years) £31.25 (monthly direct debit)
- concession £31.25 (monthly direct debit)
- couple £84.25 (monthly direct debit)
- couple concession £54.75 (monthly direct debit)
- 7-day pass £14
For more information on our concession rates, please speak to a member of the Brimhams team.
All memberships include
- free induction and regularly reviewed fitness programme
- unlimited access to the Fitness suite, Kinesis studio, Dance studio classes and Aquafit sessions
- free swims during general swim, early birds, women only, adults only and fun session
- Brimhams memberships at the Hydro allow access to three Brimhams fitness suites and five district swimming pools
- state of the art Technogym equipment featuring 'mywellness' technology
- bespoke Brimhams Active app to enhance your workout experience
All memberships are non-transferable.
Monday to Thursday 6.30am until 10pm
Friday 6.30am until 8pm
Saturday 7.30am until 7pm
Sunday 8am until 8pm
We offer a large range of group exercise classes, including zumba, pilates, circuits, body conditioning, step aerobics and indoor group cycling (spinning), plus aqua classes suitable for all levels of fitness.
Recent additions to the timetable include body max, circuits, cyclone spinning, hips, bums and tums and kettlebells.
Three pools - an eight lane 25m short-course competition standard swimming pool; multi-purpose activity pool with moving floor, high board and spring board diving; a training pool for our learners.
For more information please visit www.harrogate.gov.uk/hydro
Page last updated 31/03/2020