Everyone should have the chance to take part in sport, whatever their ability. We're dedicated to improving access to sport and physical activity for all disabled people in the district.
For a list of local sports clubs that have identified themselves as being inclusive, visit our sports club directory or alternatively, take a look at our disability activity planner and list of accessible sports activities.
If you or your sports club want to undertake training on making sure your club is more inclusive, register on our coaches database at North Yorkshire Sport and indicate your interest in this type of coach education. We'll contact you when a relevant course is scheduled.
For more information on disability sport, visit:
- North Yorkshire Sport - contact Simon Pierce, disability development officer
- English Federation of Disability Sport - strategic lead for disabled people in Sport throughout England
- Parasport - to inspire, educate, inform and signpost disabled people, and those interested in disability sport, to high-quality sporting opportunities
- Paralympics GB - be inspired by the GB Paralympians of the London 2012 Games
- Mencap - valuing and supporting people with a learning disability and their families and carers
- Disability Action - provides services that enable disabled people in Yorkshire to live the lifestyle of their choosing
- Open Country - helping people with disabilities to enjoy the countryside
- Gateways Football Club - football for people with learning disabilities
- British Blind Sport
- British Wheelchair Sports Foundation
- Cerebral Palsy Sport
- UK Deaf Sport
Page last updated 06/12/2017