Harrogate District Public Services Leadership Board
The Harrogate District Public Services Leadership Board (PSLB) is the overarching strategic partnership for the Harrogate district. The PSLB recognise that public services are facing some of the biggest ever financial, social and environmental challenges. Our commitment to meeting together as a Public Services Leadership Board will support a "One Public Service" vision and facilitate local agencies coming together seamlessly to deliver more cohesive, joined up and unified local services.
Together we will lead and support the design and delivery of quality services that are efficient, innovative and reflect the specific needs and priorities of our local communities; ensuring better outcomes and improving the lives of local people.
The principles of the PSLB are detailed within the terms of reference and are reviewed on an annual basis along with the membership.
Currently the membership consists of the following organisations;
- Harrogate Borough Council
- North Yorkshire County Council
- NHS Harrogate and Rural District Clinical Commissioning Group
- Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust
- Harrogate College
- North Yorkshire Police and North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service
- Office of Police and Crime Commissioner North Yorkshire
- Department of Work and Pensions
- Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust
- Voluntary and Community Sector representative
- North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service
The PSLB has a plan on a page which details four key objectives of:
- one public service
- pooled budgets to create a public sector £ (where appropriate)
- one point of contact for the voluntary and community sector
- one public sector voice
Underpinning the objectives are four thematic priority areas of work:
- employment and skills
- health and wellbeing
- financial and social Inclusion
- sustainable public service provision across the Harrogate district
Priority leads have been identified and sub-groups established to scope and deliver a work plan to address some of the strategic issues linked to the themes.
An annual report to present performance against the work plan is published on an annual basis.
One significant piece of work that has been developed together through a Joint commissioning and funding sub group as part of the PSLB development priority has been the development of the 'Joint strategic commissioning and grant funding principles'. Public service partners will work more closely together when commissioning or grant funding the voluntary and community sector across the district. The principles will be integrated into organisations funding and commissioning frameworks so that there is the same standard and expectation across the district.
Partnership Working - North Yorkshire
At a North Yorkshire level, the North Yorkshire Wider Partnership comes together on an annual basis to address issues of strategic importance. The partnership has an overarching strategic plan known as the North Yorkshire community plan. This sets out North Yorkshire wide priorities for how to help make North Yorkshire a thriving county which adapts to a changing world and remains a special place for everyone to live, work and visit. The priorities of this partnership are included within the work done at a district level.
Page last updated 09/11/2017