Registration of interests

All councillors must register financial or other interests that could potentially conflict with their role as a council member.

The different types of interest a councillor might need to declare are set out in the members’ code of conduct,

You can find out about councillors' registered interests from the information contained in the list of councillors.

Parish councillors also have to register their interests.

The register of interests is a public document and can be viewed at the Civic Centre, St Luke's Mount (off King's Road), Harrogate, HG1 2AE, during normal office hours. Email advice.

The interests that the council’s members declare at meetings are recorded in the minutes.

If you have any queries on councillors' interests in general, contact the member services team by email at, in writing to Member Services, PO Box 787, Harrogate, HG1 9RW, or by telephone on 01423 500600.

Page last updated 02/12/2017