At the start of every month the council publishes its current forward plan which details the key decisions that are scheduled to be taken by the cabinet.
Key decisions can taken by the whole cabinet or individual cabinet members. Chief officers are also able to take some key decisions under delegated powers, but this happens rarely.
The council has fixed the following financial thresholds for deciding whether a cabinet decision is a key decision. It must involve:
- revenue expenditure of £100,000 or more
- savings of £50,000 or more
- capital expenditure of £250,000 or more
- decisions made by the chief executive, in exercise of emergency powers only, £300,000 or
- decisions that will have a significant effect on those living or working in one ward of the district
Key decisions can be subject to the overview and scrutiny call-in procedure. Only urgent key decisions aren't subject to this and don't have to be published in the forward plan.
For more information or advice on the forward plan, key decisions and call-in, contact the Member Services Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01423 500600.
Page last updated 21/08/2017