All contracts are tendered and awarded according to regulations and rules that govern contracting activities. They lay down procedures for placing orders, obtaining quotations and tenders and awarding contracts. They're designed to ensure that:
- proper procedures are followed
- the tendering and selection process is open, fair and transparent
- contract documentation includes certain essential terms and conditions
We are committed to our statement on local procurement supporting our commitment to a strong local economy.
All formal procurements will be administered through YORtender. Potential suppliers can register for free.
The Local Government Transparency Code 2015 requires councils to provide details of:
- invitations to tender to provide goods and/or services with a value over £5,000. The threshold for invitations to tender, as opposed to a simple invitation/request for quote, is set by the council's standing orders. Currently, it stands at £50,000. If considered appropriate, tenders can be invited for contracts below that value. This requirement is met through invitations being advertised on YORtender. You can search for the latest opportunities
- contracts, commissioned activity, purchase orders, framework agreements and any other legally enforceable agreement with a value that exceeds £5,000
Data to meet this requirement is found in two places:
supplementary data – where a purchase order was raised without a procurement exercise either under the required thresholds or under a single supplier agreement
Page last updated 08/09/2017