Some industries and businesses need permits from us or the Environment Agency for the release of pollution and emissions.

Activities that need permits from us are divided into two categories:

Part A2 permits control activities with an environmental impact, including:

  • emissions to air, land and water
  • energy efficiency
  • waste reduction
  • raw materials consumption
  • noise, vibration prevention
  • accident prevention

Part B permits control emissions to air

Apply for a permit

Fill in the appropriate form and send it to us:

Part B environmental permit application form

Part A2 environmental permit application form

Part B surrender form

The correct fee must be sent with the application form.


For more details, read the environmental permitting guidance.

Pollution control service plan

Safer Communities enforcement policy


Page last updated 10/09/2018