There are a number of ways to make a claim for housing benefit and council tax reduction. You can use our claim form to apply for both.

You can make a claim:

  • by completing our benefits claim form
    Benefits claim form
  • by visiting us at the Civic Centre, St Lukes Avenue, Harrogate, HG1 2AE - we'll help you complete a claim if you need extra support

If you need extra help to make a claim, our welfare officer may be able to visit you at home or we can arrange to complete a claim with you over the telephone. Contact us on 01423 500600 for further information.

You can also claim housing benefit in the following ways:

  • through Jobcentre Plus when you claim income support, jobseeker's allowance or employment support allowance
  • through the pension service when you claim pension credit

Evidence requirements

You'll need to send us evidence to support your claim. We can only accept original documents, not photocopies. Details of the type of evidence we need can be found on the evidence requirements page.

Enquiries form

Page last updated 12/03/2018