There are a number of ways to make a claim for housing benefit and council tax reduction. You can use our claim form to apply for both.
You can make a claim:
- by completing our benefits claim form
Benefits claim form
- through our telephone call-back service - ring us on 01423 500600 and we'll arrange to call you back at a convenient time to complete a form with you
- by visiting us at Crescent Gardens - we'll complete a form with you when you visit us
- by asking us to send you a claim form in the post - call 01423 500600 or email us at email@example.com
If you need extra help to make a claim, our welfare officer may be able to visit you at home. Contact us on 01423 500600 for further information.
You can also claim housing benefit only in the following ways:
- through Jobcentre Plus when you claim income support, jobseeker's allowance or employment support allowance
- through the pension service when you claim pension credit
You'll need to send us evidence to support your claim. We can only accept original documents, not photocopies. Details of the type of evidence we need can be found on the evidence requirements page.
Page last updated 19/10/2017