If you run a boarding kennels or cattery you need a licence from us.
Information is available by reading the animal boarding establishment conditions and guidance.
Existing licence holders and anyone planning to apply for a licence should also read the Animal Welfare (licensing of activities involving animals) Regulations 2018.
Apply for a licence
To apply, you must fill out one of the following forms:
- application form - animal boarding
- boarding dogs in kennels guidance notes
- boarding cats guidance notes
- home boarding guidance notes
- dog day care guidance notes
Then send us the form and the fee, giving 28 days' notice. You should receive the licence within 60 days.
For more information, please contact us.
Page last updated 10/01/2019