Anyone keeping a dangerous wild animal must have a licence from us.

You can find out which animals need a licence by checking the Dangerous Wild Animals Act.

More information is available from the dangerous, exotic or wild animal conditions and guidance.

Apply for a licence

Fill in the application form and send it to us with the correct fee. A council authorised vet will then carry out an inspection before a two-year licence is granted. After that, there is a two-year licence renewal fee.

Application form
Guidance notes

Licence fees

For more information, please contact us.

Online enquiries form

Page last updated 08/04/2020