If you see waste fly tipped report it to us and we will investigate. Provide us with as much detail as possible including:
- when you saw the waste fly tipped
- where you saw it, using landmarks and road numbers
- what has been tipped, how much and what it looks like
- car registration, if known, or vehicle details which tipped it
- details of any persons present
- is there any evidence within the waste (please do not tamper or remove any evidence you witness, leave it alone)
Please note if the waste consists of garden cuttings or rubble, mattress or white goods and there is no evidence of who has dumped it, we are very limited in what action can be taken. In the majority of cases, investigations will only go ahead where evidence exists which may point to who is responsible, or witnesses can provide statements that can be followed up.
Alternatively you can email us at email@example.com or call us on 01423 500600.
When to report fly tipping to the Environment Agency
If you see the following fly tipped please contact the Environment Agency on 0800 807060 as they will lead on an investigation:
- if waste is near or in a watercourse
- there is more than 5m3 of fibrous asbestos
- there is more than 75 litres of potentially hazardous waste in drums or containers
- there is more than 20 tonnes/ 20m3 of waste
Page last updated 22/03/2018