By completing this stage, you will be able to:
- Complete a set lasting 1,600 metres (either 16 x 100 metres, 8 x 200 metres, 4 x 400 metres) on a specific turnaround time agreed by the teacher/coach (for example, 2.30 minutes for 100 metres); focus on stroke technique and consistency.
- Swim 1,500 metres continuously choosing one stroke.*
- Perform a continuous 100 metres (4 x 25 metres) individual medley kick without using a kick board.
- Swim a continuous 200 metres (4 x 50 metres) individual medley using recognised turns.
- Perform a front crawl relay take over - as an incoming swimmer.
- Perform a front crawl relay take over - as an outgoing swimmer.
* Swimmer's choice.