By completing this stage, without floatation equipment or support, you will be able to:
- Jump in from poolside and submerge to a minimum depth of 1.0 metre.
- Sink, push away from wall and maintain a streamlined position.
- Push and glide on the front with arms extended and log roll onto the back.
- Push and glide on the back with arms extended and log roll onto the front.
- Travel 5 metres on the front, perform a tuck to rotate onto the back and return on the back.
- Fully submerge to pick up an object.
- Correctly identify three of the four key water safety messages.*
- Push and glide and travel 10 metres on the back.
- Push and glide and travel 10 metres on the front.
- Perform a tuck float and hold for three seconds.
- Exit the water without using steps.
*The four key water safety messages include:
- Always swim in a safe place.
- Always swim with an adult.
- If you fall in, float, breathe, relax.
- If someone else in trouble, call 999/112.