The Right to Buy scheme has helped almost 1.6 million council tenants in England buy their own homes.

You probably have the right to buy if you:

  • are living in a council property and
  • have been a council or housing association tenant for the last three years

The government runs a Right to Buy website, which gives details about affordability and who's eligible for the scheme.

There's some more general advice on buying and selling homes on the government's website.

Information on the National Fraud Initiative (NFI)

If you decide that you'd like to start the process of buying your council home, please complete the application form below and send it to the Right to Buy Officer, Harrogate Borough Council, PO Box 787, Harrogate HG1 9RW

Notice claiming the Right to Buy application form

Alternatively you can email the completed form to