Civil enforcement officers patrol car parks and utilise hand held camera devices and body worn camera devices in order to enforce the parking terms and conditions.
Where these have not been complied with, your personal data may be collected, processed, shared and retained in order to carry out the performance of a public task and fulfil our legal obligations in the following ways:
- to request details of the registered keeper of the vehicle from the DVLA in order to pursue a penalty charge notice
- shared with third parties for appeals and enforcement
- shared with the police or security organisations to prevent or detect crime
- share relevant customer data with FCA registered debt advice providers in accordance with Breathing Space regulations
Your data rights
The personal data we may hold about you will be processed in line with your data subject rights.
You have a right to:
- request access to any data held about them by a data controller (right of access)
- rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
- ask to have inaccurate data amended (right of rectification)
- prevent processing that is likely to cause unwarranted substantial damage or distress to themselves or anyone else (right to restrict processing)
- object to any decision that significantly affects them being taken solely by a computer or other automated process (right to object)
- individuals have the right to be informed about the collection and use of their personal data (right to be informed)
- right for individuals to have personal data erased (right to erasure)
- allows individuals to obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purposes across different services (right to data portability)
- without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, every data subject shall have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority)
Any person who has suffered material or non-material damage as a result of an infringement of this Regulation shall have the right to receive compensation from the controller or processor for the damage suffered (right to compensation and liability).
If you would like more information about how we use your data, please contact the data protection officer by emailing email@example.com, calling 01423 500600 or writing to data protection officer, Harrogate Borough Council, PO Box 787, Harrogate, HG1 2AE.