There are over 26 allotments sites in the Harrogate district. Many are managed privately or by Parish Councils. We only manage three of these sites.
We currently run the list for the following three sites:
- Claro Road, Harrogate - a fairly large site with 47 plots and a water supply
- Pearl Street, Harrogate - a small site in Starbeck with eight plots (no water)
- Ferrensby, Knaresborough - a small site with seven plots (no water)
Allotments are very popular and there are long waiting lists. Plots may not become available for five years.
Choose a site then contact the site representative to apply to go on the waiting list. You can join the council allotments waiting list for the three sites we manage by completing the online allotment waiting list form.
Once you've been allocated a plot, you'll need to read and sign a tenancy agreement.
Costs vary on each site, depending on the size of the plot. You'll make a single payment per year to cover rent and water supply, if applicable.
Some sites may offer a concessionary rate.
As an allotment holder you must:
- keep your plot tidy and cultivated
- compost your waste
- show consideration and respect for other plot-holders
- obtain permission to put up sheds or greenhouses
- pay your rent promptly
- tell the site manager straight away if you change your address