There are two committees: the planning committee and the district development committee.
The planning committee meets every three weeks and determines about 10% of planning applications. The remaining applications are decided by the chief planner. Planning applications are determined in accordance with the Planning Scheme of Delegation.
- covers the whole district
- determines all types of planning applications as shown in the planning scheme of delegation
- meets every three weeks, usually on a Tuesday at 2pm
- agenda is available seven days before the meeting and includes the minutes of the previous meeting
District development committee
- approves development plan policy and proposals for consultation and adoption
- only meets when required
District development committee membership
View agendas and minutes
Planning committee agendas and minutes
Planning referral committee agendas and minutes - this committee was abolished on 22 May 2017
District development committee agendas and minutes
Our opportunity to speak scheme - a guide to procedures and what happens at planning committee will give more detailed information on the process.